Friday, March 18, 2011

Wingnut Chess

You know things are serious when the tragic events happening in the real world intrude on the chess world. When I saw the article on Chessbase, Japan: is the big one coming? (http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7082), I realized that just as reality invaded Castalia in my favorite novel, The Glass Bead Game: (Magister Ludi) A Novel by Hermann Hesse, the world of Caïssa is, unfortunately, just a very small part of a larger Reality. The fact that there is a link to what my roomate calls one of my 'wingnut' websites, is astounding! I never thought I would see a link to a website like www.earthfiles.com on any chess website!
My roomate considers me to be a 'wingnut' because I listen to www.coasttocoastam.com and surf websites like www.infowars.com & www.prisonplanet.com just to mention a few. He knows one of my favorite television programs is Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory on Trutv (www.trytv.com/shows/conspiracytheory/index.html. His worldview does not consider anything other than what the government, by way of the 'lamestream media', tells him. Nothing happens behind the scenes, or in the shadows; everything being above board and out in the open.Yeah, right! For a picture of the 'real' wingnut' go to http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/15/business/media/15mars.html?_r=1&scp=4&sq=brooks%20barnes&st=cse
The other night Major Ed Dames, a Remote Viewer Extraordinaire (www.remoteviewing.com) was on Coast to Coast AM and predicted the next 'Big One' would hit St Louis, with many thousands of deaths http://www.coasttocoastam.com/photo/view/the_next_big_one/50881. That could possibly be a death blow to USCF, since the St Louis Chess Club and Scholastic Center would be in the cross-hairs. It is not just a showpiece for USCF, but has become the center of what is left of adult chess in the US.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet your all time favorite movie was Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts?