Monday, January 31, 2011

Book Quote of the Year

Although I have yet to get my grubby hands on the new book by Frank Brady, Endgame: Bobby Fischer's Remarkable Rise and Fall - from America's Brightest Prodigy to the Edge of Madness , I do have it on order from a local bookstore, and will, hopefully, have it in my hands in a couple of days.
I rarely read reviews before reading a book. I prefer to read the reviews after I've made my own judgement. I made an exception in this case and have read every review I've found. I even listened to an interview with the author on NPR while driving home yesterday. It can be found at: www.npr.org/2011/01/30/.../the-troubled-genius-of-bobby-fischer

The quote of the year is the last line of a review by Dick Cavett on Amazon: "Frank Brady’s Endgame is one of those books that makes you want your dinner guests to go the hell home so you can get back to it."
You can find the review at: http://www.amazon.com/Endgame-Fischers-Remarkable-Americas-Brightest/dp/0307463907/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296510074&sr=1-1

No comments: