Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where Have All the Chessplayers Gone?

Just returned from a Barnes & Noble where there were so many players for the Sunday afternoon 'board game' meeting not a seat was available in the coffee shop. I counted three dozen people and was informed there had been more! This is the very same B&N in which I held a chess tournament on Sunday afternoon upon first moving to Derby city. It died from lack of support. Another fellow was holding a tournament once a month at the same B&N, but, shortly after I announced the end of my tournament, he did the same. Chess people being what they are, I was, naturally, blamed for the demise of his tournament.

Where have all the soldiers gone?
Long time passing
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Long time ago
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

From: WHERE HAVE ALL THE FLOWERS GONE
words and music by Pete Seeger

No comments: