Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Great Moodini

When one escapes from a hopeless position in chess, he is called a 'Houdini'. What is this player called when things do not go as planned and he snatches defeat from the jaws of victory? I would like to suggest a new term be added to the lexicon of chess terms for such a situation-Moodini! That's right, henceforth I would like to hear players wandering around shaking their heads, if not beating them against a wall, while muttering, "I am the Great Moodini!" When asked, "How did you do?", the player who has just lost a completely 'won' position will answer, "I pulled a Moodini."
To better understand why I suggest 'Moodini' as the term for such poor play, I suggest you go to your favorite search engine and input, The Great Moodini, or watch this video: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/video-stuntman-injured-atlanta-motor-speedway-20110603-es

No comments: