Monday, July 18, 2011

Valiant Effort

The wonderful World Cup women from the USofA gave it all they had and I enjoyed watching them play like girls, as Jennifer Shahade would say (Play Like a Girl!: Tactics by 9Queens by Jennifer Shahade), which is a chess book for all you lovers of Megan who have been directed to the BaconLOG. There has been an incredible increase in viewers since I posted I LOVE MEGAN RAPINOE!
Ian Darke, the announcer with the British accent said that when Pia Sundhage, the new coach of Team USA, met her team she played a song on her guitar by none other than Bob Dylan! She played 'The Times They Are A-Changing' and it turned out to be prophetic, as Japan was the first Asian team to win the Women's World Cup. Hats off to that plucky team from a beleaguered land, who withstood the onslaught from the US team in the first half. I still do not believe what I witnessed.
I have fallen in love with the World Cup, especially the women. Sure wish we had the proper kind of football when I was young. I have always had a stronger lower body than upper. I could run like the wind and run all day and night. Those were the days! I believe I would have been a very good footballer. Maybe in my next life...

No comments: